Thursday, April 24, 2008

In the Name of God

Yea! Internet in the arena!

The Bishop's address is going on, I think. I missed the beginning because of posting my previous posts (didn't know internet was accessible in the arena).

The bishop (Sharon Christopher) who led communion this morning did a really good job, I thought. Throughout the communion liturgy, she interspersed information about what's going on in the world around us. She spoke directly to the conflict we often face and encourage at General Conference, about how we treat other baptized Christians as "the other" simply because we don't see eye to eye. She reminded us that John Wesley called us to love one another, and be in communion with one another. If you love and serve God, you are my neighbor, my friend, and we are working together.

This is such a challenge for me, I am realizing. I always think of myself as an inclusive person, but I certainly have my own agenda. I have a passion for young people - who do I disenfranchise in my work to further the voice and presence of young people?

No comments: