Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Beginnings

I like beginnings. Definite beginnings. And endings. I think that's why I liked school so much. There was always a definite beginning and ending. Beginning: First day of classes. Endng: Last day of exams. Forget all of the stress in between (I have). But things aren't like that anymore. Here it is, the 3rd of January, and I don't feel much different than I did on December 30. But a new beginning has begun. So I thought I'd mark it with a new blog. I mean, if my world no longer has definite beginnings and endings, then I can create them where I want to, right?

And with that, here is one beginning I'm instating for myself (is that a word? don't you have to instate something before you can reinstate it? makes sense to me...): A new attitude. Ali Edwards (once I figure out linking, I'll link) prompted readers of her blog to come up with a word that they want to focus on for the year. She's done this for three years now. Two years ago her word was peace. Last year it was play. She uses it as a way to focus throughout the year, maybe as a prompt for a scrapbook page or just a way to start getting words out there to talk about what's going on. I thought I'd try this out. My word for 2008 is content. I feel like over the past year I've been looking to the future - what's going to happen next, to the point that I'm missing what's going on around me. I don't want to lose my dreamer status, nor give up on what possibilities are in store for me, I just feel like I need to focus my eyes on the present, and look to the future with my peripheral vision.

So, with that said, I'm going to stop talking about the present and go live it.

No comments: